Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Koa Stock with a Gersley Action
- English Walnut Stock with Vudoo Rimfire Action
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #3
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #2
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
- Updating Palma Rifle to FTR
- Congratulations to Trudie Fay
- Congrats to Trudie Fay!
- Recent Acquisitions: Fancy Wood Stocks Blanks
- Curly Claro Walnut Stock for model B Bat Action
- African Blackwood Grip for Eliseo’s, Tube Guns, AR-15 Style Metal Stocks
- English Walnut for a Pre-64 Winchester Palma Rifle
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
- Walther KK500 Action in a High Figured Claro Walnut Stock
- Claro Walnut Stock with Crotch Fiddleback
- Older Wichita Action with Newer Stock
- FOR SALE: Warner #1 Rear Sight and a Scott Riles 22mm Front Sight
- Spirit of America Match at NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM
- Meet Barney, Our New Dog.
- VIDEO: Duplicating a Rifle Gunstock / Wood Carver Duplicator
- Converting Stock a McMillman Stock from Anschutz 2000 to fit Voodoo Action
- Congrats to Steffen Bunde!
- Sporting Stock for Enfield P
- Congrats to Luke Ramsay for a great job at the National Championships!!
- Long Range Palma Stock made from Claro Walnut.
- Robertson F-Class Stock – Custom Paint
- American Walnut Quartersawed Pre-64 Action
- Article from Accurate Shooter
- Fiddleback American Walnut FTR Stock for a Stiller TAK 30 Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback for a Barnard Action
- Rosewood Grips for Eliseo / AR15’s / Tubb Rifles
- Successfully Hypnotized Lobster
- Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action – Long Range Palma Rifle
- FOR SALE: Size 38 10X Shooting Coat
- Rosewood Grips for an Eliseo Tube Gun or AR-15
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
- Mausingfield/ America Rifle an English Walnut Stock
- New Grip Design for Tube Guns and AR-15s
- American Walnut F-Class Stock with Figured English & Claro Walnut Inlay on Forend
- Left Handed American Walnut Stock for a Walthers KK 500
- Left Handed American Walnut Palma Rifle with a Barnard Action
- Congrats to Luke Ramsey for Winning the NM FTR Championship!
- F-Class Rifle for Rimrock Action
- American Walnut FTR Stock with Barnard Action final Pictures
- Announcing completion of USNRT Raffle Rifle
- American Walnut FTR Stock with Barnard Action
- Building a spinning wheel
- Thumb wheels for adjustable Cheekpiece
- Left Handed Grips for Eliseo Stocks, Tube and Tubb Guns
- Will Work For Air-Conditioning!
Author Archives: Doan
Had to open up the bolt face to fit a .308 case. Also, change the angle on the extractor to fit over the case. Came up with a firing pin spring. Also made a scope rail and a recoil system that is … Continue reading
Here’s the latest to come out of the shop.
Here is an update on the progress I’m making. Will update about ticket soon. My helper and advisor is, Yuma. She is a friend’s dog. She is pretty dang smart!
ANNOUNCING this year’s Raffle Rifle for The US Palma Team!! This rifle will comes as a .223 and a .308 by switchI got barrels and bolts. The stock will also be able to be shot as FTR. A Magnum bolt … Continue reading
Here are some pictures of the finished rifle. The pistol grip cap is a piece of Screw Bean Mesquite Wood from my old front yard in Albuquerque. (I live in Rio Rancho, now.) Take a look at the picture with … Continue reading
This is a really nice example of Ian’s work. It was previously bedded for a model 70, I’m rebuilding it for a Barnard action. I filled the holes of the old action screws and bolt handle. Also, I inletted for … Continue reading
This is a Johnny Byer’s stock blank. It’s a curly light maple with a walnut center. Duplicated it for an FTR rifle. Also, at the same time doing the US Palma Raffle Rifle (that’s the walnut blank). I’ve been wearing … Continue reading
This is an early McMillan Stock note the brown color. It was not inletted. I inletted it for the Tikka Action. I modified it for a thumb screw adjustable cheek piece and an adjustable 3-way buttplate. Also, did a bedding … Continue reading
Just when thing started to go better…. the lead screw nut locked up. Fortunately, Shiraz and his folks at Grizzly.com were able to cross reference the right part.
I would like to thank all of you for your patience during me moving and getting over Shingles and the Flu. This is a nicely figured piece of Claro Walnut with fiddleback.
Here’s the latest rife I have completed. In housekeeping notes and I am in the process of moving my shop. Things will be slowed down for a couple of weeks. The new shop has better lighting….. you can probably see … Continue reading
The owner wanted the action and stock to be made in such a way that he would be able to exchange triggers. This is why I used a bedding block. If I had used a pillar, there would have been … Continue reading
This rifle has two triggers. It has an electronic trigger and a mechanical trigger. With the wood stock option, the charging cable needs to be modified modify in order to clear the trigger extension to be able to charge. Also, … Continue reading
I’ve been working on this stock and action fitting for a bit. Practice makes perfect. This action is designed for a metal stock. People have been wanting a wood prone version to fit this action, so that they can match … Continue reading
Here’s the finished pictures. I used Rosewood and Maple for the pistol grip cap.
Kept busy today working on this Palma rifle. It’s been a bit of a wait to work with this wood. I received a shipment of it from a fellow Palma shooter awhile ago. I’ve been patiently letting cure and dry. … Continue reading
This piece of wood is the mirror copy of one friend’s rifle, she is a Palma shooter and another friend loved that piece of wood.. so this is for him…… (and his wife didn’t have to take finished picture this … Continue reading
I took final picture of something!!!! Here’s the whole project finished put back together.
I had a request to replace the original sporter stock with a Schutzen stock and palm rests. Will posted finished picture soon.
I decided to put a bedding block that looks pillar bedding once it is completed.
Took pictures of the companion stock that I finished (on my birthday this Summer). Owner loved the previous pistol grip.. I replicated it on the companion stock. (Apparently, Doan likes to take selfies in reflection of things. :D)
The owner of THIS STOCK wanted a matching stock for his F-Class rifle. The movie below shows me finding the center line on a stock.
I made a 3″ adjustable front slider, then milled a rear slider onto the stock. Tried to match new sliders finish to the original CZ finish. The large piece of aluminum is used to align the rear slider.