Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Repurposing an Ian Robertson Stock
- FTR Stock for a Sako 85 Action
- Original McMillan Stock with Tikka Action
- Final Claro walnut and Barnard Action Stock pics
- Bad Day at Black Rock
- Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action
- F Class Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
- F-Class Stock for BAT Action
- FINISHED: Walther KK500 in an English Walnut Laminate Stock with Fiddleback Accents – Lefthanded
- Walther KK500 in an English Walnut Laminate Stock with Fiddleback Accents
- FINISHED: Doan Trevor Original Palma Stock in American Walnut with Stolle Panda Action
- Doan Trevor Original Palma Stock in American Walnut with Stolle Panda Action
- Finished: Fiddleback Walnut Rimfire for Prone Stock with Stiller 2500 X Action
- Finished: Replacing a stock on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2
- In Progress: Replacing a stock on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2
- Fiddleback Walnut Rimfire for Prone Stock with Stiller 2500 X Action
- Finished: Companion F-Class Stock for Golden Bear (Matches a previous stock)
- Companion F-Class Stock for Golden Bear (Matches a previous stock)
- Reworking a CZ 457 Match Target Rifle Stock into a F-Class/ARA Stock
- Finished Pictures of “Updating an older McMillan F-Class Stock”
- Updating an older F-Class McMillian Stock
- Final: Claro Walnut with Barnard Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action with Bedding Block
- Trudie Fay Wins Another National Fullbore Championship!
- We Will Never Forget
- A Different Kind of Woodworking….
- Pistol Grip for an AR-15 Chassis
- Koa Stock for a Defiance Action
- Final: Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action Final Pics
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action
- Pillar Bedding for a Savage Palma Rifle
- Finished: English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Stuff For Sale
- Wood Grip
- Happy Birthday, Doan!
- Finished work on F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- More stuff for sale!
- LINK FIXED. Items for Sale.
- Continuing work on a F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- Finished Claro Walnut for 40x Smallbore
- Beginning of a F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Gold Bear Stolle Panda Action
- Remington 40x Claro Walnut Prone Stock for Smallbore
- Fiddlebacked Claro Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Breathing New Life into Old Wood
- Final Pictures of F-Class BAT Action and Stock
- Anschutz Cheek Adjuster
Author Archives: Doan
I’m making a stock for a 1.5″ action. I’m, also, going to make a bedding block, but it will look like it’s pillar bedded. Will be adding material to the front of the stock for a forend.
I usually work almost seven days a week. Sometimes, I need to do something different. My daughters, both have cutting boards… I wanted to make Sue’s something different. So, I made her a matching set. Cheese board and cutting board.
This stock has beautiful figures… especially the sunburst near the back of the stock. As usually, I didn’t take as many in-process photos because I got busy working on it.
On the aluminum stock, a few shooters have come to think that the forend is a little narrow. I recently had a request for a fix. From the pictures you can see it took me two attempt. Learning by doing. … Continue reading
While working on the cheekpiece many burls (flowers) were revealed. Also, did some lightening on the forend, so that a heavier barrel could be used in the future.
The trigger shoe on the original Kenyon triggers do not fit well when 52’s are put into different stocks. The only solution is to add a trigger shoe that can be adjusted for different positions. To do this the trigger … Continue reading
The 31 has a long tang And a long tang on the trigger guard. I found a Cloward Dunlap pattern that would fit
You are not seeing double. These are two stocks that are supposed to be as identical as I could get them…… one is for midrange and the other is long range. When I got done I thought I had double … Continue reading
Started this stock for a Borden Rimrock Action.
I mistakenly called this stock a graft wood stock. It’s not. It’s a piece of Burl that leads into English Walnut. Note that there are 3 action screws. The middle screw works like a recoil lug. This is a very … Continue reading
Here are the final pictures of this rifle. Hart Barrel. 6mm BR Improved.
In order to make some stocks wide enough (it’s getting harder to find 3″ wide wood for stocks) I need to get creative. Here, I have laminated a piece of English Walnut to either side of the fore-end of this … Continue reading
This is a Sako Action imbedded in an English Walnut Stock. This is for Open F-Class Mid-Range. This is low profile. Due to the width of the stock, to widened it, I laminated a piece to either side and put … Continue reading
We’ve added even more stuff! CLICK HERE!!!! Please call 714-457-5566 if you have any questions. Thanks, Doan
Here are the finished photos. This is a English Walnut Stock fitted with a Walther KK 500 using a bedding block. I did a lot of machining to make it all mesh together. Once I get it in the wood … Continue reading
Just added new items: CLICK HERE!!
Final inletting for trigger, bedding screw escutcheons, trigger guard and trigger extension.
This is a very unique action of the highest quality. It normally goes in a metal stock, but in this case I’m adapting it to a wood stock. I had to make a bedding block that matches the metal stock … Continue reading
Here are some photos from the beginning of the build to finished. Also, I barreled this rifle with a Krieger 13 twist barrel.
When these stocks hit the market in the 70’s they were much like platform shoes. All form and no function. Also, like platform shoes, they were tippy. I did a little redesigning to make it more functionable. I took the … Continue reading
June 22, 1939 – September 28, 2018 RIP My Dear Friend