Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- FOR SALE: Warner #1 Rear Sight and a Scott Riles 22mm Front Sight
- Spirit of America Match at NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM
- Meet Barney, Our New Dog.
- VIDEO: Duplicating a Rifle Gunstock / Wood Carver Duplicator
- Converting Stock a McMillman Stock from Anschutz 2000 to fit Voodoo Action
- Congrats to Steffen Bunde!
- Sporting Stock for Enfield P
- Congrats to Luke Ramsay for a great job at the National Championships!!
- Long Range Palma Stock made from Claro Walnut.
- Robertson F-Class Stock – Custom Paint
- American Walnut Quartersawed Pre-64 Action
- Article from Accurate Shooter
- Fiddleback American Walnut FTR Stock for a Stiller TAK 30 Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback for a Barnard Action
- Rosewood Grips for Eliseo / AR15’s / Tubb Rifles
- Successfully Hypnotized Lobster
- Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action – Long Range Palma Rifle
- FOR SALE: Size 38 10X Shooting Coat
- Rosewood Grips for an Eliseo Tube Gun or AR-15
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
- Mausingfield/ America Rifle an English Walnut Stock
- New Grip Design for Tube Guns and AR-15s
- American Walnut F-Class Stock with Figured English & Claro Walnut Inlay on Forend
- Left Handed American Walnut Stock for a Walthers KK 500
- Left Handed American Walnut Palma Rifle with a Barnard Action
- Congrats to Luke Ramsey for Winning the NM FTR Championship!
- F-Class Rifle for Rimrock Action
- American Walnut FTR Stock with Barnard Action final Pictures
- Announcing completion of USNRT Raffle Rifle
- American Walnut FTR Stock with Barnard Action
- Building a spinning wheel
- Thumb wheels for adjustable Cheekpiece
- Left Handed Grips for Eliseo Stocks, Tube and Tubb Guns
- Will Work For Air-Conditioning!
- Koa with Purple Heart & Maple Stock in a Swindlehurst Action
- Koa Purple Heart and Maple Stock for a High Power Swindlehurst Action
- Mcmillan A5 Bedding For Barnard Action FTR
- Stolle Panda Action on a Claro Walnut FTR Stock
- MORE PHOTOS: 2020 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- 2020 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- FINISHED: FTR Stock for a Sako 85/ Johnny Byer Stock Blank
- Repurposing an Ian Robertson Stock
- FTR Stock for a Sako 85 Action
- Original McMillan Stock with Tikka Action
- Final Claro walnut and Barnard Action Stock pics
- Bad Day at Black Rock
- Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action
- F Class Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
- F-Class Stock for BAT Action
- FINISHED: Walther KK500 in an English Walnut Laminate Stock with Fiddleback Accents – Lefthanded
Author Archives: Doan
Luke brought me this rifle. It had a minor problem, I repaired it and got it ready for him.
sanding, adding proprietary finish, stippling, action screws cut to length and heads finished. Final pics.
Raffle tickets will be available soon . At this time the rifle is on the way to the spirit of America match. It will be at the Spirit of America Match delivered by Oliver Milanovic. Pictures to follow in a … Continue reading
Stock has been inletted and bedded.
It’s not that different from a thumbwheel. I will be starting on the base as soon as I am caught up with stock work.
Taking a solid barstock, knurling, tappingand machining the thumb wheels into shape.
Theses grips will work for all metal guns. Anything that takes an AR grip. All custom fit. Craved to fit shooter’s hand. These to grip… one is English Walnut the other is Clark Walnut.
National FTR Champion trades Rifle work for air-conditioning labor. Thanks, Luke for climbing up into the attic! It’s cool in the garage now!
Here are the Final Pictures for this project. This is a Swindlehurst action that had a PPC boltface. I wish I knew more of the history of this piece. Anyone have any thoughts?
Had to open up the bolt face to fit a .308 case. Also, change the angle on the extractor to fit over the case. Came up with a firing pin spring. Also made a scope rail and a recoil system that is … Continue reading
Here’s the latest to come out of the shop.
Here is an update on the progress I’m making. Will update about ticket soon. My helper and advisor is, Yuma. She is a friend’s dog. She is pretty dang smart!
ANNOUNCING this year’s Raffle Rifle for The US Palma Team!! This rifle will comes as a .223 and a .308 by switchI got barrels and bolts. The stock will also be able to be shot as FTR. A Magnum bolt … Continue reading
Here are some pictures of the finished rifle. The pistol grip cap is a piece of Screw Bean Mesquite Wood from my old front yard in Albuquerque. (I live in Rio Rancho, now.) Take a look at the picture with … Continue reading
This is a really nice example of Ian’s work. It was previously bedded for a model 70, I’m rebuilding it for a Barnard action. I filled the holes of the old action screws and bolt handle. Also, I inletted for … Continue reading
This is a Johnny Byer’s stock blank. It’s a curly light maple with a walnut center. Duplicated it for an FTR rifle. Also, at the same time doing the US Palma Raffle Rifle (that’s the walnut blank). I’ve been wearing … Continue reading
This is an early McMillan Stock note the brown color. It was not inletted. I inletted it for the Tikka Action. I modified it for a thumb screw adjustable cheek piece and an adjustable 3-way buttplate. Also, did a bedding … Continue reading
Just when thing started to go better…. the lead screw nut locked up. Fortunately, Shiraz and his folks at Grizzly.com were able to cross reference the right part.
I would like to thank all of you for your patience during me moving and getting over Shingles and the Flu. This is a nicely figured piece of Claro Walnut with fiddleback.
Here’s the latest rife I have completed. In housekeeping notes and I am in the process of moving my shop. Things will be slowed down for a couple of weeks. The new shop has better lighting….. you can probably see … Continue reading
The owner wanted the action and stock to be made in such a way that he would be able to exchange triggers. This is why I used a bedding block. If I had used a pillar, there would have been … Continue reading
This rifle has two triggers. It has an electronic trigger and a mechanical trigger. With the wood stock option, the charging cable needs to be modified modify in order to clear the trigger extension to be able to charge. Also, … Continue reading