Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Doan Trevor Original Palma Stock in American Walnut with Stolle Panda Action
- Finished: Fiddleback Walnut Rimfire for Prone Stock with Stiller 2500 X Action
- Finished: Replacing a stock on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2
- In Progress: Replacing a stock on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2
- Fiddleback Walnut Rimfire for Prone Stock with Stiller 2500 X Action
- Finished: Companion F-Class Stock for Golden Bear (Matches a previous stock)
- Companion F-Class Stock for Golden Bear (Matches a previous stock)
- Reworking a CZ 457 Match Target Rifle Stock into a F-Class/ARA Stock
- Finished Pictures of “Updating an older McMillan F-Class Stock”
- Updating an older F-Class McMillian Stock
- Final: Claro Walnut with Barnard Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action with Bedding Block
- Trudie Fay Wins Another National Fullbore Championship!
- We Will Never Forget
- A Different Kind of Woodworking….
- Pistol Grip for an AR-15 Chassis
- Koa Stock for a Defiance Action
- Final: Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action Final Pics
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action
- Pillar Bedding for a Savage Palma Rifle
- Finished: English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Stuff For Sale
- Wood Grip
- Happy Birthday, Doan!
- Finished work on F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- More stuff for sale!
- LINK FIXED. Items for Sale.
- Continuing work on a F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- Finished Claro Walnut for 40x Smallbore
- Beginning of a F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Gold Bear Stolle Panda Action
- Remington 40x Claro Walnut Prone Stock for Smallbore
- Fiddlebacked Claro Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Breathing New Life into Old Wood
- Final Pictures of F-Class BAT Action and Stock
- Anschutz Cheek Adjuster
- Work Continues onF-Class MB BAT Action
- F-Class for BAT Action
- Sometimes you have to do something different…..
- Nicely Figured Walnut for Barnard Action
- Walther KK500 Forend
- FTR Stock with Barnard Action Rosewood Pistol Grip Cap
- Updating a K. Kenyon Trigger for a 52 Winchester
- Palma rifle with Stolle Panda action with highly figured walnut stock
- Repaired Swindlehurst smallbore rifle stock
- Target Rifle Stock for K31 Straight Pull
- Claro Walnut Sunburst Pattern Rifle Stock Final Pics
Author Archives: Doan
Clare here. When I’m in town or not (over the phone), I try to help out posting on this blog (you can blame the spelling errors and broken links on me) for Doan.. who I affectionally call Dad, Pops and … Continue reading
Finished this rifle! I finished this up on my birthday! And shipped it! Below are pictures of the finishing touches. Which can be a little scary after all the hard work and time put into each piece, one false move … Continue reading
Here’s a bunch of vintage “memorabilia” for sale! CLICK HERE!!!!
I put up a bunch of stuff online… Take a look : HERE!!! CLICK HERE!!
I am now in the continuing stages of work on this stock. Since, 3 inch wood in rare to come by, I have added “runners” on the sides of the fore-end. The owner of this rifle has request a longer … Continue reading
Finished this up today. This was made to match his Palma rifle. Take a look.
I got a special request for this stock. The owner wanted a low profile and something different done with the pickle forks. (I’m still work on the 40X Smallbore Rifle from the last post.)
I put some stuff up on Gunbroker. CLICK HERE Thanks.
This piece of Claro Walnut has different grain because it’s quarter sawn. It’s usually don’t see much quarter sawn wood. It takes a lot of raw material. (Manufactures like Stickley were very well known to use this kind of cut.) … Continue reading
The owner of this new stock picked my certificate off the prize table at The Southwest Nationals. He chose a great piece of claro walnut. It has a lot of fiddleback in the forend.
Over the last 25 years, three moves and three states….. I have a lot of leftover pieces. The other day, I was sorting through all the pieces and thought… why don’t I make laminate stocks. I laminated a mixture of … Continue reading
Today, I finished the stock for this project. Also, I included a rail, so it could be used in FTR. Soon, this will be sent to its owner.
On the older Anschutz thumbhole stocks, they do not come with a cheek adjuster. The below adaptation solves the problem of not having an adjustable cheekpiece. This cheekpiece is adjustable for front & rear tilt, cast on & cast off, … Continue reading
Bedded the action with the bedding block and added the wood for the forend. Sometimes it’s just easier to use your Grandfather’s technology. And, yes that’s a #4 Bailey Plane……
I’m making a stock for a 1.5″ action. I’m, also, going to make a bedding block, but it will look like it’s pillar bedded. Will be adding material to the front of the stock for a forend.
I usually work almost seven days a week. Sometimes, I need to do something different. My daughters, both have cutting boards… I wanted to make Sue’s something different. So, I made her a matching set. Cheese board and cutting board.
This stock has beautiful figures… especially the sunburst near the back of the stock. As usually, I didn’t take as many in-process photos because I got busy working on it.
On the aluminum stock, a few shooters have come to think that the forend is a little narrow. I recently had a request for a fix. From the pictures you can see it took me two attempt. Learning by doing. … Continue reading
While working on the cheekpiece many burls (flowers) were revealed. Also, did some lightening on the forend, so that a heavier barrel could be used in the future.
The trigger shoe on the original Kenyon triggers do not fit well when 52’s are put into different stocks. The only solution is to add a trigger shoe that can be adjusted for different positions. To do this the trigger … Continue reading
The 31 has a long tang And a long tang on the trigger guard. I found a Cloward Dunlap pattern that would fit