Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Winchester 52-B Solid Bottom Receiver
- Turkish Walnut for Benchrest Stock for a Fortner Action
- Sometimes Bad Things Happen
- Retrofitting Prone stocks for FTR
- I had a comment about stock height and recoil.
- Congratulations, Trudie Fay!
- Turbo V1 Action with Claro Walnut Stock for F-Class
- FINISHED: Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
- One Last Southwest Nationals Post
- More from Southwest Nationals
- More from The Southwest Nationals
- UPDATE from Southwest Nationals
- English Walnut F-Class for Borden Action
- Finished Over Under African Rifle – “Restocking”
- American Walnut FTR Stock with a Stolle Panda Action
- Over Under African Rifle – “Restocking”
- Finished “Reinventing” The Wheel
- In Progress – Spinning Wheel
- Reinventing The (Spinning) Wheel
- Making a Laminate Stock
- American Walnut Stock with a Remington Action for FTR
- Bastogne Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
- USNRT Plaque Finds Home Next to Old Plaque
- Highly Figured Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
- Spirit of America Match 2022
- Good-bye to a Good Guy
- Final Pictures: English Walnut Stock with RPA Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback 37 Remington built by Carl Kenyon with Kenyon Trigger
- RPA Quad Lock for English Walnut Stock and a Presentation Stand
- New Devcon
- Peace Accord between Mainland China and Taiwan
- Went to NAPA today to pick up supplies.
- Myrtle Woods Stock with Barnard Action
- American Walnut Stock with a Hell Betty Action
- Turkish Walnut Stock for Palma Rifle with an Accuracy X- Series Action
- Koa Stock with a Gersley Action
- English Walnut Stock with Vudoo Rimfire Action
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #3
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #2
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
- Updating Palma Rifle to FTR
- Congratulations to Trudie Fay
- Congrats to Trudie Fay!
- Recent Acquisitions: Fancy Wood Stocks Blanks
- Curly Claro Walnut Stock for model B Bat Action
- African Blackwood Grip for Eliseo’s, Tube Guns, AR-15 Style Metal Stocks
- English Walnut for a Pre-64 Winchester Palma Rifle
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
- Walther KK500 Action in a High Figured Claro Walnut Stock
- Claro Walnut Stock with Crotch Fiddleback
Author Archives: Doan
Good-bye to a Good Guy
Dennis VanLier passed away on his way home from the Spirit of America Match. Dennis and I met each other over 20 years ago. We instantly became friends. I will sorely miss him.
Final Pictures: English Walnut Stock with RPA Action
Here are the finished pictures of this one. Great piece of wood! Entered this into The New Mexico State Fair. Waiting to find out results. You can see the presentation stand in the las picture.
Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback 37 Remington built by Carl Kenyon with Kenyon Trigger
Had to build a feed ramp, clean and adjust the Kenyon trigger. The finished presentation stand is one photos.
RPA Quad Lock for English Walnut Stock and a Presentation Stand
Working on this high figured English Walnut Stock. Almost finished. Stated on a simple Presentation Stand, turned out to be a little more fancy than I expected. Neat to work on something a little different. Picture of me for Proof … Continue reading
This now costs about $100 with tax & shipping. This can’t be shipped through California, even if it comes from someplace else. I ordered from a place in Nevada, but the road they took went through California.. so they couldn’t … Continue reading
Posted in Rifle Building 1 Comment
Peace Accord between Mainland China and Taiwan
These three picture are of my uncle L.L Doan, Chiang Kai Shek and Eisenhower. My uncle helped write the Peace Accord with General Wong (sitting to the left of Chaing Kai Shek). I believe the treaty was signed by both … Continue reading
Went to NAPA today to pick up supplies.
This is the clear coat I use on laminate stocks. It’s now $100 for the 2 cans.
Myrtle Woods Stock with Barnard Action
Finished this Myrtle stock with a Barnard action last week.
Posted in Rifle Building 2 Comments
American Walnut Stock with a Hell Betty Action
I added third action screw in the middle. Bonus picture of the Bike, it’s still up For Sale.
Turkish Walnut Stock for Palma Rifle with an Accuracy X- Series Action
Here are some pictures of the Palma Rifle with a Turkish Walnut Stock.
Posted in Cheekpiece, Highpower, Inletting, Long Range, Palma, Stocks, Target Shooting Leave a comment
Koa Stock with a Gersley Action
This is an extremely rare action. The action is very similar to a Winchester 52. This FTR stock is right hand, but the action is left handed. When complete it will be able to shoot from the bench. This rife … Continue reading
English Walnut Stock with Vudoo Rimfire Action
Another beautiful piece of wood to work on.
Posted in Rifle Building 3 Comments
New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #3
This is the 3rd installment my 52C Winchester project. Finally, the action and the stock has come together. There’s a scope rail that has to be made to fit on the action. Soon, I’ll find scope and test this one … Continue reading
New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #2
I’ve been shooting a 37 Remington for over 20 years. It’s been extreme accurate with the Hart Barrel. Others that have shot this same model have been set records that will never be broken. It’s not the easiest rifle to … Continue reading
Posted in Inletting, Rifle Building, smallbore, Stocks, Target Shooting 1 Comment
New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
I put a moveable trigger shoe on a Wright Allen trigger. Also, made a feed ramp and made a recoil lug. The recoil lug on the original 52 Winchester sometimes isn’t deep enough to do the job properly. Here in … Continue reading
Posted in Rifle Building 2 Comments
Updating Palma Rifle to FTR
Updating Palma Rifle to shoot FTR. Installed magnets in cheekpiece. Made a rear slide to ride rear bag.
Congratulations to Trudie Fay
Her 2nd California Bear!
Congrats to Trudie Fay!
She won a California Bear.
Recent Acquisitions: Fancy Wood Stocks Blanks
I have new blanks in the shop. Take a look. There are 2 pictures of each blank. #1-#3: These are Turkish Walnut #4: This one is English Walnut #5: This one is Koa
Curly Claro Walnut Stock for model B Bat Action
Worked on this stock last week. It’s chambered for a .223.
African Blackwood Grip for Eliseo’s, Tube Guns, AR-15 Style Metal Stocks
I’ve been working on another grip.
Posted in Rifle Building 1 Comment
English Walnut for a Pre-64 Winchester Palma Rifle
I finished this up on Christmas Morning before Clare and Jonathon arrived. Pre-64 Winchesters require a magazine box to feed the ammo, therefore these take a little bit more work. Happy New Years to all of you and your families.
Claro Walnut Stock with Crotch Fiddleback
This piece of wood was a bit of a challenge. The grain is absolutely stunning, but since it’s not straight sanding it made the wood “fray”. Totally worth it in the end! It’s a V-Block for a Barnard.