Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Finished Pictures of “Updating an older McMillan F-Class Stock”
- Updating an older F-Class McMillian Stock
- Final: Claro Walnut with Barnard Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action with Bedding Block
- Trudie Fay Wins Another National Fullbore Championship!
- We Will Never Forget
- A Different Kind of Woodworking….
- Pistol Grip for an AR-15 Chassis
- Koa Stock for a Defiance Action
- Final: Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action Final Pics
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action
- Pillar Bedding for a Savage Palma Rifle
- Finished: English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Stuff For Sale
- Wood Grip
- Happy Birthday, Doan!
- Finished work on F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- More stuff for sale!
- LINK FIXED. Items for Sale.
- Continuing work on a F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- Finished Claro Walnut for 40x Smallbore
- Beginning of a F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Gold Bear Stolle Panda Action
- Remington 40x Claro Walnut Prone Stock for Smallbore
- Fiddlebacked Claro Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Breathing New Life into Old Wood
- Final Pictures of F-Class BAT Action and Stock
- Anschutz Cheek Adjuster
- Work Continues onF-Class MB BAT Action
- F-Class for BAT Action
- Sometimes you have to do something different…..
- Nicely Figured Walnut for Barnard Action
- Walther KK500 Forend
- FTR Stock with Barnard Action Rosewood Pistol Grip Cap
- Updating a K. Kenyon Trigger for a 52 Winchester
- Palma rifle with Stolle Panda action with highly figured walnut stock
- Repaired Swindlehurst smallbore rifle stock
- Target Rifle Stock for K31 Straight Pull
- Claro Walnut Sunburst Pattern Rifle Stock Final Pics
- Inletting F Open Class Rifle Stock
- Claro Walnut with Sunburst Pattern
- Final Pictures: Open F Class Burl to English Walnut Barnard Action
- Final Pictures: Sako Action in English Walnut
- Open F-Class Stock with Graft Piece of Wood Barnard Action
- Sako Action in an English Walnut Stock.
- UPDATED: For Sale Page
- FINISHED: Walther KK 500 Action Bedded in an English Walnut Stock
Author Archives: Doan
This piece of Claro Walnut has different grain because it’s quarter sawn. It’s usually don’t see much quarter sawn wood. It takes a lot of raw material. (Manufactures like Stickley were very well known to use this kind of cut.) … Continue reading
The owner of this new stock picked my certificate off the prize table at The Southwest Nationals. He chose a great piece of claro walnut. It has a lot of fiddleback in the forend.
Over the last 25 years, three moves and three states….. I have a lot of leftover pieces. The other day, I was sorting through all the pieces and thought… why don’t I make laminate stocks. I laminated a mixture of … Continue reading
Today, I finished the stock for this project. Also, I included a rail, so it could be used in FTR. Soon, this will be sent to its owner.
On the older Anschutz thumbhole stocks, they do not come with a cheek adjuster. The below adaptation solves the problem of not having an adjustable cheekpiece. This cheekpiece is adjustable for front & rear tilt, cast on & cast off, … Continue reading
Bedded the action with the bedding block and added the wood for the forend. Sometimes it’s just easier to use your Grandfather’s technology. And, yes that’s a #4 Bailey Plane……
I’m making a stock for a 1.5″ action. I’m, also, going to make a bedding block, but it will look like it’s pillar bedded. Will be adding material to the front of the stock for a forend.
I usually work almost seven days a week. Sometimes, I need to do something different. My daughters, both have cutting boards… I wanted to make Sue’s something different. So, I made her a matching set. Cheese board and cutting board.
This stock has beautiful figures… especially the sunburst near the back of the stock. As usually, I didn’t take as many in-process photos because I got busy working on it.
On the aluminum stock, a few shooters have come to think that the forend is a little narrow. I recently had a request for a fix. From the pictures you can see it took me two attempt. Learning by doing. … Continue reading
While working on the cheekpiece many burls (flowers) were revealed. Also, did some lightening on the forend, so that a heavier barrel could be used in the future.
The trigger shoe on the original Kenyon triggers do not fit well when 52’s are put into different stocks. The only solution is to add a trigger shoe that can be adjusted for different positions. To do this the trigger … Continue reading
The 31 has a long tang And a long tang on the trigger guard. I found a Cloward Dunlap pattern that would fit
You are not seeing double. These are two stocks that are supposed to be as identical as I could get them…… one is for midrange and the other is long range. When I got done I thought I had double … Continue reading
Started this stock for a Borden Rimrock Action.
I mistakenly called this stock a graft wood stock. It’s not. It’s a piece of Burl that leads into English Walnut. Note that there are 3 action screws. The middle screw works like a recoil lug. This is a very … Continue reading
Here are the final pictures of this rifle. Hart Barrel. 6mm BR Improved.
In order to make some stocks wide enough (it’s getting harder to find 3″ wide wood for stocks) I need to get creative. Here, I have laminated a piece of English Walnut to either side of the fore-end of this … Continue reading
This is a Sako Action imbedded in an English Walnut Stock. This is for Open F-Class Mid-Range. This is low profile. Due to the width of the stock, to widened it, I laminated a piece to either side and put … Continue reading
We’ve added even more stuff! CLICK HERE!!!! Please call 714-457-5566 if you have any questions. Thanks, Doan
Here are the finished photos. This is a English Walnut Stock fitted with a Walther KK 500 using a bedding block. I did a lot of machining to make it all mesh together. Once I get it in the wood … Continue reading
Just added new items: CLICK HERE!!