Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Laminate Stock for a Barnard Action
- Update: Under 25 Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- Reminder: Gunbroker Auctions
- FOR SALE: On Gunbroker.com
- Continuing: Under 25 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- Under 25 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- FINISHED: Walter KK500 being put into a Koa Stock
- Cocobolo Grip for Eliseo Tube Gun
- UPDATE: Walter KK500 being put into a Koa Stock
- Walther KK500 Action being put into Koa Stock
- FINISHED: Walnut Sling/F-TR for Barnard Action Long Range Stock
- Walnut Sling/F-TR for Barnard Action Long Range Stock
- Bloop Tube for Swindlehurst.
- Final: A Pair of Highly Figured Stocks.
- My Thoughts on Palma Shooting…..
- Finished Western Wildcat Trophy
- New American Walnut – Delivered
- Pair of Highly Figured Stocks
- Dan Gurney
- English Walnut – F-Class
- More Work Done: Open F-Class English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action Right Hand Drive, Left Hand Crank
- Open F-Class English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action Right Hand Drive, Left Hand Crank
- Finished the Backstop of the Trophy
- Working on The Western Wildcat Trophy
- That Nice Piece of Claro from 2 weeks ago.
- My First Radio Controlled Drone
- NEW VIDEO: Feeding and Ejecting using Gary Eliseo’s Magazine.
- NEW VIDEO: Truing and Blueprinting an Action
- Completed on English Walnut Short Action Remington to be integrated with Gary Eliseo’s Magazines
- Wildcat Match
- For Sale: Stocks
- Exhibition Claro for Barnard Action
- Had Some Fun Yesterday!
- More to come… stay tuned!
- Anschutz Biathlon Rifle
- A Completed Set of Off-Set Sights for Another Happy Shooter
- Raffle Rifle Tickets!
- English Walnut Stock for Barnard action
- Refinishing former Veterans Raffle Rifle
- Duplicated 2 Prone Palma Long Range Stocks
- More work completed on English Walnut Short Action Remington to be integrated with Gary Eliseo’s Magazines
- English Walnut Short Action Remington to be integrated with Gary Eliseo’s Magazines
- English Walnut Hand Carved Stock with Desert Ironwood Inlay
- Trudie and Oliver at Raton
- Congratulations to Trudie Fay and Lige Harris, National fullbore champions
- US Palma Team Rifle for Raffle – Final Pictures
- Mango F Class 22 Rimfire Finished
- Hand Carved English Walnut Stock with turbo action
- Hand Carved English Walnut Stock with Turbo Action
Category Archives: Rifle Building
Here’s my current project. I had this stock sent to me. I’m installing an adjustable cheekpiece. Note the gap at the end of the cheekpiece, it’s there so you can adjust for heel-toe, cast off and cast on. Will be … Continue reading
I’ve done the sanding, applied the finish and inserted the emblem. Still have a little bit of fine tuning on the stock. Next step barreling and adding the action.
Hey Y’all! Just a reminder that there’s only 2 days and 22 hours left on some pretty swell rifles. CLICK HERE!!! If you have any questions, ask away. Thanks! Doan
Hello All- I’ve been cleaning out closets! Here are my current auction on GunBroker: CLICK HERE!!!!!!! Let me know if you have any question. Doan
Work progresses. Did more on the adjustable cheekpiece, buttplate, rail and bedding.
Here are some in progress photo of the new Under 25 Palma Team Raffle Rifle. Go USA!
Clare here…. Dad took another one apart. Can someone please tell who this belongs to? I really hope there are no parts leftover when he gets it all back together. Seriously, I need to know who’s rifle this is….. 😉
This rifle is going to be used for position shooting. Made a front adjustable hand rest.
Here’s a different grip! The owner wanted an exotic piece of wood. This means it is shaped it out all by hand. From block to grip.
Built a few more parts and started on the off-hand hand rest.
I’ve been tasked with the mission to put a Walther KK500 barreled action into a Koa Stock. The action is mainly designed to be used with metal stocks. Big Thanks to Earl at Earl’s Repair (card below). He was a … Continue reading
Here are some pictures of the finished rifle. Will be working on a interesting smallbore rifle in the next week or two. Stay Tuned!
This is a new build. This stock could be used for either sling or F-TR. These next two photos show me aligning the from the action screws to cut the rear slider.
The muzzle diameter was slightly different.. needed replicate the length of a previous Palma rifle. Made it the property diameter, figured out the length and used a sight that had a 3/4″ bore.
Here they are finished.
Let’s start at the beginning………… 1949 – I shot my first rifle match. 1953/54 – I saw my first high power rifle match at Fort Hood, TX. My Uncle was Base Commandant. I always thought that it would be cool … Continue reading
I’ve been working on this for awhile. I finished it. These are the legs of the trophy they are made from leftover stock pieces from fellow shooters. More pictures of the trophy in process. Finished Trophy. And my name is … Continue reading
Sometimes, I get more than a piece of wood delivered to me. Sometimes, it’s a delivery of 680 lbs. This is fresh from the mill. As you can see, it doesn’t have much color or grain…… (The first time I … Continue reading
1931-2018 I met Dan in the 1950’s, because I would always be in the way in the pits. We would alway run into each other at different events and had people that we knew in common. In 2007, I moved … Continue reading
It’s a New Year’s Day Baby! Born on 1/1/18… It’s not very often that you get to work on a piece of wood this stunning. It was a little surreal. It was utterly amazing to make this stock.
More Work Done: Open F-Class English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action Right Hand Drive, Left Hand Crank
Completed little more and got the ebony fore-end, front sliders and pistol grip cap installed.
Duplicated the stock. I’ve started the carving to smooth it out. This appears to be one of the finest piece of English Walnut that I have worked on in loooooong, loooong time. In order to make up for the fact … Continue reading
I finally got all the names on the backstop for The Western Wildcat trophy. Will do the base in a few weeks. And show you it when I get it done. Still looking for brass wildcat figurine.
Here’s what has been going with the Trophy. Still need to find a brass figurine of a Wildcat. While working, I realized the Lones Wigger has won the Western Wildcat 8 times.