Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Thumb wheels for adjustable Cheekpiece
- Left Handed Grips for Eliseo Stocks, Tube and Tubb Guns
- Will Work For Air-Conditioning!
- Koa with Purple Heart & Maple Stock in a Swindlehurst Action
- Koa Purple Heart and Maple Stock for a High Power Swindlehurst Action
- Mcmillan A5 Bedding For Barnard Action FTR
- Stolle Panda Action on a Claro Walnut FTR Stock
- MORE PHOTOS: 2020 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- 2020 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- FINISHED: FTR Stock for a Sako 85/ Johnny Byer Stock Blank
- Repurposing an Ian Robertson Stock
- FTR Stock for a Sako 85 Action
- Original McMillan Stock with Tikka Action
- Final Claro walnut and Barnard Action Stock pics
- Bad Day at Black Rock
- Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action
- F Class Exhibition Grade Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
- F-Class Stock for BAT Action
- FINISHED: Walther KK500 in an English Walnut Laminate Stock with Fiddleback Accents – Lefthanded
- Walther KK500 in an English Walnut Laminate Stock with Fiddleback Accents
- FINISHED: Doan Trevor Original Palma Stock in American Walnut with Stolle Panda Action
- Doan Trevor Original Palma Stock in American Walnut with Stolle Panda Action
- Finished: Fiddleback Walnut Rimfire for Prone Stock with Stiller 2500 X Action
- Finished: Replacing a stock on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2
- In Progress: Replacing a stock on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2
- Fiddleback Walnut Rimfire for Prone Stock with Stiller 2500 X Action
- Finished: Companion F-Class Stock for Golden Bear (Matches a previous stock)
- Companion F-Class Stock for Golden Bear (Matches a previous stock)
- Reworking a CZ 457 Match Target Rifle Stock into a F-Class/ARA Stock
- Finished Pictures of “Updating an older McMillan F-Class Stock”
- Updating an older F-Class McMillian Stock
- Final: Claro Walnut with Barnard Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action with Bedding Block
- Trudie Fay Wins Another National Fullbore Championship!
- We Will Never Forget
- A Different Kind of Woodworking….
- Pistol Grip for an AR-15 Chassis
- Koa Stock for a Defiance Action
- Final: Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Duplicated Fiddleback Maple & Walnut Stock for Stolle Panda Big Bore Action
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action Final Pics
- Prone Stock Long Range for Savage Action
- Pillar Bedding for a Savage Palma Rifle
- Finished: English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action
- Stuff For Sale
- Wood Grip
- Happy Birthday, Doan!
- Finished work on F-Open Claro Walnut Stock for Golden Bear Stolle Panda Action
- More stuff for sale!
Category Archives: Rifle Building
Taking a solid barstock, knurling, tappingand machining the thumb wheels into shape.
Theses grips will work for all metal guns. Anything that takes an AR grip. All custom fit. Craved to fit shooter’s hand. These to grip… one is English Walnut the other is Clark Walnut.
National FTR Champion trades Rifle work for air-conditioning labor. Thanks, Luke for climbing up into the attic! It’s cool in the garage now!
Here are the Final Pictures for this project. This is a Swindlehurst action that had a PPC boltface. I wish I knew more of the history of this piece. Anyone have any thoughts?
Had to open up the bolt face to fit a .308 case. Also, change the angle on the extractor to fit over the case. Came up with a firing pin spring. Also made a scope rail and a recoil system that is … Continue reading
Here’s the latest to come out of the shop.
Here is an update on the progress I’m making. Will update about ticket soon. My helper and advisor is, Yuma. She is a friend’s dog. She is pretty dang smart!
ANNOUNCING this year’s Raffle Rifle for The US Palma Team!! This rifle will comes as a .223 and a .308 by switchI got barrels and bolts. The stock will also be able to be shot as FTR. A Magnum bolt … Continue reading
Here are some pictures of the finished rifle. The pistol grip cap is a piece of Screw Bean Mesquite Wood from my old front yard in Albuquerque. (I live in Rio Rancho, now.) Take a look at the picture with … Continue reading
This is a really nice example of Ian’s work. It was previously bedded for a model 70, I’m rebuilding it for a Barnard action. I filled the holes of the old action screws and bolt handle. Also, I inletted for … Continue reading
This is a Johnny Byer’s stock blank. It’s a curly light maple with a walnut center. Duplicated it for an FTR rifle. Also, at the same time doing the US Palma Raffle Rifle (that’s the walnut blank). I’ve been wearing … Continue reading
This is an early McMillan Stock note the brown color. It was not inletted. I inletted it for the Tikka Action. I modified it for a thumb screw adjustable cheek piece and an adjustable 3-way buttplate. Also, did a bedding … Continue reading
Just when thing started to go better…. the lead screw nut locked up. Fortunately, Shiraz and his folks at Grizzly.com were able to cross reference the right part.
I would like to thank all of you for your patience during me moving and getting over Shingles and the Flu. This is a nicely figured piece of Claro Walnut with fiddleback.
Here’s the latest rife I have completed. In housekeeping notes and I am in the process of moving my shop. Things will be slowed down for a couple of weeks. The new shop has better lighting….. you can probably see … Continue reading
The owner wanted the action and stock to be made in such a way that he would be able to exchange triggers. This is why I used a bedding block. If I had used a pillar, there would have been … Continue reading
This rifle has two triggers. It has an electronic trigger and a mechanical trigger. With the wood stock option, the charging cable needs to be modified modify in order to clear the trigger extension to be able to charge. Also, … Continue reading
I’ve been working on this stock and action fitting for a bit. Practice makes perfect. This action is designed for a metal stock. People have been wanting a wood prone version to fit this action, so that they can match … Continue reading
Here’s the finished pictures. I used Rosewood and Maple for the pistol grip cap.
Kept busy today working on this Palma rifle. It’s been a bit of a wait to work with this wood. I received a shipment of it from a fellow Palma shooter awhile ago. I’ve been patiently letting cure and dry. … Continue reading
This piece of wood is the mirror copy of one friend’s rifle, she is a Palma shooter and another friend loved that piece of wood.. so this is for him…… (and his wife didn’t have to take finished picture this … Continue reading
I took final picture of something!!!! Here’s the whole project finished put back together.
I had a request to replace the original sporter stock with a Schutzen stock and palm rests. Will posted finished picture soon.