Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- In Progress – Spinning Wheel
- Reinventing The (Spinning) Wheel
- Making a Laminate Stock
- American Walnut Stock with a Remington Action for FTR
- Bastogne Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
- USNRT Plaque Finds Home Next to Old Plaque
- Highly Figured Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
- Spirit of America Match 2022
- Good-bye to a Good Guy
- Final Pictures: English Walnut Stock with RPA Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback 37 Remington built by Carl Kenyon with Kenyon Trigger
- RPA Quad Lock for English Walnut Stock and a Presentation Stand
- New Devcon
- Peace Accord between Mainland China and Taiwan
- Went to NAPA today to pick up supplies.
- Myrtle Woods Stock with Barnard Action
- American Walnut Stock with a Hell Betty Action
- Turkish Walnut Stock for Palma Rifle with an Accuracy X- Series Action
- Koa Stock with a Gersley Action
- English Walnut Stock with Vudoo Rimfire Action
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #3
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #2
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
- Updating Palma Rifle to FTR
- Congratulations to Trudie Fay
- Congrats to Trudie Fay!
- Recent Acquisitions: Fancy Wood Stocks Blanks
- Curly Claro Walnut Stock for model B Bat Action
- African Blackwood Grip for Eliseo’s, Tube Guns, AR-15 Style Metal Stocks
- English Walnut for a Pre-64 Winchester Palma Rifle
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
- Walther KK500 Action in a High Figured Claro Walnut Stock
- Claro Walnut Stock with Crotch Fiddleback
- Older Wichita Action with Newer Stock
- FOR SALE: Warner #1 Rear Sight and a Scott Riles 22mm Front Sight
- Spirit of America Match at NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM
- Meet Barney, Our New Dog.
- VIDEO: Duplicating a Rifle Gunstock / Wood Carver Duplicator
- Converting Stock a McMillman Stock from Anschutz 2000 to fit Voodoo Action
- Congrats to Steffen Bunde!
- Sporting Stock for Enfield P
- Congrats to Luke Ramsay for a great job at the National Championships!!
- Long Range Palma Stock made from Claro Walnut.
- Robertson F-Class Stock – Custom Paint
- American Walnut Quartersawed Pre-64 Action
- Article from Accurate Shooter
- Fiddleback American Walnut FTR Stock for a Stiller TAK 30 Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback for a Barnard Action
- Rosewood Grips for Eliseo / AR15’s / Tubb Rifles
- Successfully Hypnotized Lobster
Category Archives: Rifle Building
From the previous post, you can see I was assembling the hub with the spokes. Once that was finished the hub goes into the jig that you see on the table saw. Two steps of radius cut into the spokes … Continue reading
Things have slowed down just a bit. I’ve been keeping busy by making another spinning wheel. Idle hands and all. So, far I’ve gotten the wheel, the spokes and the hub made. Will be assembling the wheel in the next … Continue reading
These are fancy flat pieces of wood from stocks I’ve done. It’s a mix of English Walnut, American Walnut, Koa, Mango, North American Walnut. The piece that I put water on was part of the USNRT Raffle Rifle. This is … Continue reading
Three pillar bedding. Hart Rifle Barrel. Trued the action. Ebony Pistol Cap.
Another really nice piece of wood. From duplication to finish product.
I put up my USNRT Plaque up next to my International Cycle Show 1st Place Best in Paint Plaque. There was an interesting incident at the show. After, we won the all 9 sections cumulating in Best in Show, a … Continue reading
Finished up this Palma Rifle last week. This has a Border Barrel. Another happy friend.
Congrats to Trudie for winning the Aggregate and the Senior Awards! Thank you for the United State National Rifle Team for my plaque! It’s going to hang proudly in the workshop.
Dennis VanLier passed away on his way home from the Spirit of America Match. Dennis and I met each other over 20 years ago. We instantly became friends. I will sorely miss him.
Here are the finished pictures of this one. Great piece of wood! Entered this into The New Mexico State Fair. Waiting to find out results. You can see the presentation stand in the las picture.
Had to build a feed ramp, clean and adjust the Kenyon trigger. The finished presentation stand is one photos.
Working on this high figured English Walnut Stock. Almost finished. Stated on a simple Presentation Stand, turned out to be a little more fancy than I expected. Neat to work on something a little different. Picture of me for Proof … Continue reading
This now costs about $100 with tax & shipping. This can’t be shipped through California, even if it comes from someplace else. I ordered from a place in Nevada, but the road they took went through California.. so they couldn’t … Continue reading
These three picture are of my uncle L.L Doan, Chiang Kai Shek and Eisenhower. My uncle helped write the Peace Accord with General Wong (sitting to the left of Chaing Kai Shek). I believe the treaty was signed by both … Continue reading
This is the clear coat I use on laminate stocks. It’s now $100 for the 2 cans.
Finished this Myrtle stock with a Barnard action last week.
I added third action screw in the middle. Bonus picture of the Bike, it’s still up For Sale.
Here are some pictures of the Palma Rifle with a Turkish Walnut Stock.
This is an extremely rare action. The action is very similar to a Winchester 52. This FTR stock is right hand, but the action is left handed. When complete it will be able to shoot from the bench. This rife … Continue reading
Another beautiful piece of wood to work on.
This is the 3rd installment my 52C Winchester project. Finally, the action and the stock has come together. There’s a scope rail that has to be made to fit on the action. Soon, I’ll find scope and test this one … Continue reading
I’ve been shooting a 37 Remington for over 20 years. It’s been extreme accurate with the Hart Barrel. Others that have shot this same model have been set records that will never be broken. It’s not the easiest rifle to … Continue reading
I put a moveable trigger shoe on a Wright Allen trigger. Also, made a feed ramp and made a recoil lug. The recoil lug on the original 52 Winchester sometimes isn’t deep enough to do the job properly. Here in … Continue reading
Updating Palma Rifle to shoot FTR. Installed magnets in cheekpiece. Made a rear slide to ride rear bag.
Her 2nd California Bear!