Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Congratulations Jim Gaines
- Did Anschutz copy my design for Pistol Grips?
- Jerry Tierney Trophy
- Finished FTR rifle stock
- Stock for FTR Rifle
- Berger Southwest national match
- English Walnut F- Class Low Rider Stock with Barnard Action
- Two Will McCloskey F-Class Stocks
- Block of Maple from Vermont for a Turbo Action
- Silhouette Koa Stock for an Anschutz Action
- Pearl Harbor Remembered
- New Life for a BSA Martini
- English Walnut Stock for Barnard Action
- Little Burls in an Exteme piece of Claro Walnut
- English Walnut Stock for Barnard Action
- McMillan Open Class Stock
- Stock for a Defiant Action
- Claro Walnut F-Tr / Palma Stock
- Throwback Thursday: Camp Perry 1996
- Congratulations to Ron Deradourian!
- Way Back Wednesday
- Offset Sites
- Rocky Mountain Palma/Santa Fe Regional 2016
- Making Rear Offset Sights!
- Finished Bastogne Rifle
- Finished Claro F-Class
- Two Open F Class Stocks ~ Bastogne And Claro Walnut #3
- Two Open F Class Stocks ~ Bastogne And Claro Walnut #2
- Happy Belated Fourth of July.
- Two Open F Class Stocks ~ Bastogne And Claro Walnut
- Thanks to the Wildcat Shooters!
- Seko Extractor
- Combination Palma Sling / F/TR for Stolle Action
- Mango Stock for Stolle Panda F-Class/FTR Finished
- Mango Stock for Stolle Panda F-Class/FTR
- Steve McGee pattern stock
- SW Nationals Certificate Winners
- Highly figured piece of Claro walnut for 2000 Anschutz rifle
- Dedicated to the heroes of Benghazi, Libya …. 11 September 2012
- Duplicating 2 Highly Figured Pieces of Claro Walnut
- New Video: 1967 Rickman Mettise Triumph T100
- Update January 21, 2016
- English Walnut Stock 1900 Series Anschutz
- Finished African Mahogany Custom Guitar
- ncy Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action Palma Rifle
- For Sale – 1967 Rickman Triumph Metisse Motorcycle
- Fancy Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action Palma Rifle
- Old Fashioned Custom Precision Stock Duplicating
- Purple Stock for Barnard action
Category Archives: Rifle Building
Jim shot a 1600 and won the optical class of the 2017 Wildcat Rifle Match shooting a Doan Trevor Rifle.
Here is the new Anschutz Pistol Grip for $325.00 Does that look similar to the grips that I have been making since 2002? That’s fifteen years? This is the pistol grip that I have been making all along for … Continue reading
Will be presented at the Sacramento March Madness rifle match. I recently finished this Memorial trophy.
Bedding an Anschutz 2000 carbon fiber stock
How do you change a blank into a Mc Trudie stock? The bluish colored stock in the photo is a Mc Trudie pattern which is a Steve McGee pattern with a smaller pistol grip and the stock is lighter (I’ve … Continue reading
Getting things done for the match his taken precedence over posting. Here are some of the latest projects.
I found it necessary to laminate pieces on the side to get the correct width to make this stock wide enough for F class. I was able to use some of the excess wood from the stock to match the … Continue reading
These two stocks are new production blanks from Will McCloskey. They are unique because they use nicely figured wood on the outside panels. I like this method and I have used it for years because it is very stable. I’ve … Continue reading
A friend sent be a beautiful block of quilted fiddle back Maple and a picture. This is what I came up with… I also barreled it with a Hart Rimfire Barrel.
A customer came to me wanting to know if I could build a stock that was 2 pounds or less. I used the Koa because it is a lower specific gravity than Walnut (which makes it lighter) and stronger. I was … Continue reading
Here are the final pictures that I forgot to take before shipping.
One of the problems with working with a piece of wood like this is that is that the wood goes from being very hard to very soft too quickly and the grain runs in all directions. It’s a challenge to … Continue reading
I’m sorry I didn’t take pictures of the finished stock before I shipped it off to its owner. Not the new supervisor. You
I have been using three action screws on Bernard actions for approximately 14 years and it’s nice to see that others have followed suit.
This turned out to be a really nice piece of wood. I’ve had hanging around for a few years waiting for the right project. The pistol cap has burls that look like an owl. This stock has many little burls … Continue reading
In the duplicator, there is the Claro and a mango stock blank. The mango if it turns out light enough will be for a silhouette stock.
Here’s a photo from 1996 National Team Match – Winners 2nd Place Overall at Camp Perry, Ohio For the Romanian Trophy. Doan Trevor, Terry Glenn, Bill Parritt, Ron Michon I had forgotten all about this. What a find and a … Continue reading
Ron won The Colorado Prone State Championship with a rifle I built him about two years ago. Way to go, my friend! Here’s where I repaired it. It got dropped and went KERPLUNK!
As some of you know my daughter Clare has been out here visiting. She found some old-ish photos. This one is from the Liverpool, NY Rifle Club. (Clare reminded me how she froze her tuckus off many winters at this … Continue reading
I have finished all five sights. 3 are still available.
Congratulations to Trudie Fay, Derek Rodgers, Jim Gaines, Dean Wheeler and the rest of the amazing shooters that shot some of the rifles that I have built and/or fine-tuned! If you have been left out, I’m suffering from CRS! Please … Continue reading
I am making 5 rear offset sights! 2 of them are already spoken for. I’ve been doing a lot of woodwork, so time for some metalwork.