Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- English Walnut for a Pre-64 Winchester Palma Rifle
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
- Walther KK500 Action in a High Figured Claro Walnut Stock
- Claro Walnut Stock with Crotch Fiddleback
- Older Wichita Action with Newer Stock
- FOR SALE: Warner #1 Rear Sight and a Scott Riles 22mm Front Sight
- Spirit of America Match at NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM
- Meet Barney, Our New Dog.
- VIDEO: Duplicating a Rifle Gunstock / Wood Carver Duplicator
- Converting Stock a McMillman Stock from Anschutz 2000 to fit Voodoo Action
- Congrats to Steffen Bunde!
- Sporting Stock for Enfield P
- Congrats to Luke Ramsay for a great job at the National Championships!!
- Long Range Palma Stock made from Claro Walnut.
- Robertson F-Class Stock – Custom Paint
- American Walnut Quartersawed Pre-64 Action
- Article from Accurate Shooter
- Fiddleback American Walnut FTR Stock for a Stiller TAK 30 Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback for a Barnard Action
- Rosewood Grips for Eliseo / AR15’s / Tubb Rifles
- Successfully Hypnotized Lobster
- Claro Walnut Stock for Barnard Action – Long Range Palma Rifle
- FOR SALE: Size 38 10X Shooting Coat
- Rosewood Grips for an Eliseo Tube Gun or AR-15
- Claro Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
- Mausingfield/ America Rifle an English Walnut Stock
- New Grip Design for Tube Guns and AR-15s
- American Walnut F-Class Stock with Figured English & Claro Walnut Inlay on Forend
- Left Handed American Walnut Stock for a Walthers KK 500
- Left Handed American Walnut Palma Rifle with a Barnard Action
- Congrats to Luke Ramsey for Winning the NM FTR Championship!
- F-Class Rifle for Rimrock Action
- American Walnut FTR Stock with Barnard Action final Pictures
- Announcing completion of USNRT Raffle Rifle
- American Walnut FTR Stock with Barnard Action
- Building a spinning wheel
- Thumb wheels for adjustable Cheekpiece
- Left Handed Grips for Eliseo Stocks, Tube and Tubb Guns
- Will Work For Air-Conditioning!
- Koa with Purple Heart & Maple Stock in a Swindlehurst Action
- Koa Purple Heart and Maple Stock for a High Power Swindlehurst Action
- Mcmillan A5 Bedding For Barnard Action FTR
- Stolle Panda Action on a Claro Walnut FTR Stock
- MORE PHOTOS: 2020 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- 2020 US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- FINISHED: FTR Stock for a Sako 85/ Johnny Byer Stock Blank
- Repurposing an Ian Robertson Stock
- FTR Stock for a Sako 85 Action
- Original McMillan Stock with Tikka Action
- Final Claro walnut and Barnard Action Stock pics
Author Archives: Doan
I finished this up on Christmas Morning before Clare and Jonathon arrived. Pre-64 Winchesters require a magazine box to feed the ammo, therefore these take a little bit more work. Happy New Years to all of you and your families.
This piece of wood was a bit of a challenge. The grain is absolutely stunning, but since it’s not straight sanding it made the wood “fray”. Totally worth it in the end! It’s a V-Block for a Barnard.
Warner # 1 Sight Rear Sight: Low mileage, Excellent condition, comes with sunshade and rear aperture. Scott Riles 22mm Front Sight: 3/4 inch barrel escutcheon, 4-6mm aperture, .5 diopter lens, excellent condition, front and rear sunshades. Both together $950.00 + … Continue reading
Last week was the Spirit of America Math in Raton. It was a great time shooting and seeing everybody. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Below are photo of some of the winners: Trudie Fay – High Senior – Grand Aggragate & High Senior Jerry … Continue reading
Back in February we rescued a puppy found in a barn. We named him Barney. He’s a very inquisitive and happy puppy. Apparently, he’s my new shooting coach. Checking my shooting position and natural point of aim.
Here’s part one of a video on duplicating two walnut stocks that I’m working on. There will be a part 2 of this video and more related videos. Please subscribe and click the notification bell to see upcoming videos.
This McMillian Stock was bedded for an Anschutz 2000. I filled it in with bedding compound and bedded for the Voodoo Action. Also, had to get a color kit from McMillan to match the original colors of the stock. Then, … Continue reading
He won the Idaho Challenge Shield.
I changed gears and worked on a non-target rifle. Someone I’ve know for 20+ years had an Enfield P action and no stock. The Enfield has a rather large action due to the trigger and magazine box, so I modified … Continue reading
Luke walked down the street to let me know that he used one of the rifles that I worked on. Congratulations on a job well done!
This is a piece of Claro Walnut with a lot of fiddleback for a Barnard Action. This will be used for long range with a sling. This is fiddleback through and through… stem to stern.
I received this stock and it was covered with faux carbon fiber tape. While taping the tape off I discovered it was previous painted Lapua Blue. It had a drop port in it. I had to fill where the trigger … Continue reading
Worked on this last week. I have inletted the magazine so that it can be used as a repeater / Across the Course.
A huge shout out to Accurate Shooter for this article!! Click HERE for the article. Thank you for all your kind words! Doan, Sue and Clare
Spring has sprung in Albuquerque. In reality, we only had one day of Spring.. yesterday was in the 90. So, Summer is here, and the portable AC has been taken out of storage and is back in the workshop. Here … Continue reading
This grip was made from a block of Dalbergia Maritima. It is extreme dense, but easy to cut on the band saw. Works well with a #50 wood rasp and files. It’s sands well, but the dust sticks to everything … Continue reading
I used Thuya Burl has the pistol grip cap and Blood Wood as an accent stripe. Also, I added a shadow line that matches the flow of the stippling on the pistol grip.
This is not a pretty, pretty princess coat. This is a coat for someone who wants to shoot good offhand. I used it from 1980-2005. Structural stitching is very good. There is some cosmetic wearing on the quilting. Sleeves are … Continue reading
This grips are made from King’s Wood, it’s a form of Rosewood. These were custom fit to the owner, therefore they were completely hand-carved.
This is a highly figured piece of English Walnut with burls and flowers. Along the bottom of the stock there’s a burl/flower that looks like an owl and one side looks like the Sandia Mountains. This is in 30 PCR. … Continue reading