Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- Open F-Class English Walnut Stock for a Barnard Action Right Hand Drive, Left Hand Crank
- Finished the Backstop of the Trophy
- Working on The Western Wildcat Trophy
- That Nice Piece of Claro from 2 weeks ago.
- My First Radio Controlled Drone
- NEW VIDEO: Feeding and Ejecting using Gary Eliseo’s Magazine.
- NEW VIDEO: Truing and Blueprinting an Action
- Completed on English Walnut Short Action Remington to be integrated with Gary Eliseo’s Magazines
- Wildcat Match
- For Sale: Stocks
- Exhibition Claro for Barnard Action
- Had Some Fun Yesterday!
- More to come… stay tuned!
- Anschutz Biathlon Rifle
- A Completed Set of Off-Set Sights for Another Happy Shooter
- Raffle Rifle Tickets!
- English Walnut Stock for Barnard action
- Refinishing former Veterans Raffle Rifle
- Duplicated 2 Prone Palma Long Range Stocks
- More work completed on English Walnut Short Action Remington to be integrated with Gary Eliseo’s Magazines
- English Walnut Short Action Remington to be integrated with Gary Eliseo’s Magazines
- English Walnut Hand Carved Stock with Desert Ironwood Inlay
- Trudie and Oliver at Raton
- Congratulations to Trudie Fay and Lige Harris, National fullbore champions
- US Palma Team Rifle for Raffle – Final Pictures
- Mango F Class 22 Rimfire Finished
- Hand Carved English Walnut Stock with turbo action
- Hand Carved English Walnut Stock with Turbo Action
- Received Phoenix Rear Sight for US Palma Raffle Rifle
- Bedding Open F Class Mango 22 Rimfire Rifle Stock
- Hand Carved English Walnut Stock with Turbo Action
- Final Finishing US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- US Palma Team Raffle Rifle Final Sanding and Action Screws
- Installed donated Trigger on US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- Drilling / Tapping for Side Mount for rear Sight for US Palma Team Raffle Rifle
- Working on Buttplate and Trigger Guard for US Palma Team Rifle
- Bedding completed and Rail Installed on US Palma Team Rifle
- Bedding Started on USPalma Team Rifle
- Announcing Raffle Rifle for the US Palma National Rifle Team
- A5 McMillian BAT Action Converted to Barnard
- High Senior Rocky Mountain Santa Fe Trails Match
- Birthday Busy-ness: Bedding Blocks for Barnard Actions
- Completed: Palma .223 Bastogne Walnut
- Offset Sights
- Update #2: Palma .223 Bastogne Walnut
- Update: Palma Rifle .223 Bastogne Walnut
- Palma Rifle .223 Bastogne Walnut
- Savage 112 FTR Completed
- American Walnut Eliseo Pistol Grip
Author Archives: Doan
Duplicated the stock. I’ve started the carving to smooth it out. This appears to be one of the finest piece of English Walnut that I have worked on in loooooong, loooong time. In order to make up for the fact … Continue reading
I finally got all the names on the backstop for The Western Wildcat trophy. Will do the base in a few weeks. And show you it when I get it done. Still looking for brass wildcat figurine.
Here’s that beautiful hunk of wood on the duplicator: CLICK HERE! Here’s that beautiful hunk of wood finished. It was a lot of sanding for this stock, totally worth it.
Sue got a new drone. It made me remember my in theAir Force (my time as a rocket scientist). 🙂 When, I was merely an adult, I was stationed at Cheyenne, Wyoming.. aka 564 Squadron. Below is a picture of … Continue reading
Here is a video showing feeding and ejecting using Gary Eliseo’s Magazine. Installed by me. DISCLAIMER: I am right handed. This rifle is left handed. 🙂
I’ve putting Clare to work, she shot and edited a video for me. This is a simplified version of what actually happens when I go through this process. A lot of these tools I made myself years ago, before they … Continue reading
Here is the original post, go ahead and read if you haven’t, yet: READ ME!!!! I’ve finally finished this up and shipped it out. Even remembered to get photos of it! Clare and I took video of me truing the action … Continue reading
Clare has been here for awhile and we are having a Barn Burner. Cleaning out the garage. Need to be able to turn around to keep making more stuff! Here’s what’s left from the first round on GunBroker.com: FOR SALE … Continue reading
I think, I have solve the problem with a the short length of pull with the A5. If you were to cut the stock off at a 12.25 LOP, you will not have a place for your rear bag to … Continue reading
This stock needs a home. I duplicated this a couple years ago. Recently, I decides to put in an adjustable cheek piece with magnets and an adjustable buttplate. The two outside pieces are fancy koa. Contact me for more information. … Continue reading
Are you looking for a Left Handed Grip for a Tube Gun??!! Yes, I have them. If you need one let me know. Thanks, Doan
*Action location for trigger location is important depending on the size of people’s hands and fingers.* Note the stock has to be filled with material in the holes from the factory. Then you have to figure out the placement … Continue reading
I keep duplicated grips on hand. When a very custom job arises, I am able to go from block to grip entirely by hand. Especially, if it is a rare or choice piece of wood. Recently this occasion came … Continue reading
As some of you know my daughter Clare has been out here visiting. She found some old-ish photos. This one is from the Liverpool, NY Rifle Club. (Clare reminded me how she froze her tuckus off many winters at this … Continue reading
Congratulations to Trudie Fay, Derek Rodgers, Jim Gaines, Dean Wheeler and the rest of the amazing shooters that shot some of the rifles that I have built and/or fine-tuned! If you have been left out, I’m suffering from CRS! Please … Continue reading
The Claro stock is getting finished up. The Bastogne is progressing well.
Clare and I watch the fireworks listening to her friend Bill sing the national anthem. Here’s the video of him singing it:
Hello Everyone. I put a video of my bike up on YouTube. Please take a look.
Hi Everyone. I’ve been slowed down for the last couple weeks. Albuquerque was hit with one heck of cold session. We all got it. We’ll be back to our normal posting schedule soon. Question. Anyone going to the Berger Match … Continue reading
This stock is a duplicate of the owner’s high power Palma rifle. He wanted the same look and configuration on both stocks. These are some of the during construction photos. You can see some of the bedding process, note that … Continue reading
On September 2nd, 1945 the end of World War II happened. Today, I’m going to share some family photos to commemorate this day. Here is a picture of my uncle, Leander Lachance (L.L.) Doan receiving the French Legion of Honor. Note … Continue reading
I am in the process of bedding, weighing all of the parts, and finishing the stock. It will be painted Lapua blue. The goal is to have a finished weight of approximately 4 pounds. The problem is that the finish … Continue reading
Carving pistol grip cap