Custom Riflebuilding for High Power, Long Range, Smallbore and F-Class Shooters. Custom Grips for Rifles, Offset Sights and Fancy Wood and Fiberglass Rifle Stocks.
- I had a comment about stock height and recoil.
- Congratulations, Trudie Fay!
- Turbo V1 Action with Claro Walnut Stock for F-Class
- FINISHED: Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
- One Last Southwest Nationals Post
- More from Southwest Nationals
- More from The Southwest Nationals
- UPDATE from Southwest Nationals
- English Walnut F-Class for Borden Action
- Finished Over Under African Rifle – “Restocking”
- American Walnut FTR Stock with a Stolle Panda Action
- Over Under African Rifle – “Restocking”
- Finished “Reinventing” The Wheel
- In Progress – Spinning Wheel
- Reinventing The (Spinning) Wheel
- Making a Laminate Stock
- American Walnut Stock with a Remington Action for FTR
- Bastogne Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
- USNRT Plaque Finds Home Next to Old Plaque
- Highly Figured Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
- Spirit of America Match 2022
- Good-bye to a Good Guy
- Final Pictures: English Walnut Stock with RPA Action
- Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback 37 Remington built by Carl Kenyon with Kenyon Trigger
- RPA Quad Lock for English Walnut Stock and a Presentation Stand
- New Devcon
- Peace Accord between Mainland China and Taiwan
- Went to NAPA today to pick up supplies.
- Myrtle Woods Stock with Barnard Action
- American Walnut Stock with a Hell Betty Action
- Turkish Walnut Stock for Palma Rifle with an Accuracy X- Series Action
- Koa Stock with a Gersley Action
- English Walnut Stock with Vudoo Rimfire Action
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #3
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester Part #2
- New Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
- Updating Palma Rifle to FTR
- Congratulations to Trudie Fay
- Congrats to Trudie Fay!
- Recent Acquisitions: Fancy Wood Stocks Blanks
- Curly Claro Walnut Stock for model B Bat Action
- African Blackwood Grip for Eliseo’s, Tube Guns, AR-15 Style Metal Stocks
- English Walnut for a Pre-64 Winchester Palma Rifle
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
- Walther KK500 Action in a High Figured Claro Walnut Stock
- Claro Walnut Stock with Crotch Fiddleback
- Older Wichita Action with Newer Stock
- FOR SALE: Warner #1 Rear Sight and a Scott Riles 22mm Front Sight
- Spirit of America Match at NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM
- Meet Barney, Our New Dog.
Author Archives: Doan
I had a comment about stock height and recoil.
Here are two configurations of F-Class rifles, both shot in this year’s Western Wildcat Match. This first rifle is Leo Cebula’s which is an Winchester 52E action. Leo was the original owner, he had the gun barreled by CP Hart. … Continue reading
Congratulations, Trudie Fay!
Trudie went to South Africa with a rifle that I barrelled and is coming home with Shiny New Medals. Congrats, Trudie you are a rock star!
Turbo V1 Action with Claro Walnut Stock for F-Class
The pistol Grip Cap is Ebony and Bloodwood. This one fancy piece of walnut.
Posted in F-Class, smallbore 2 Comments
FINISHED: Smallbore Project – 52 Winchester
This is my own stock, I built for myself. It purple heart, maple and walnut. I added an extension to the bolt handle. The hole in the stock is to release the sear to get the bolt out. And offset … Continue reading
One Last Southwest Nationals Post
John Friguglietti sent over some photos. One of the photos is the 2nd place team. John was top Palma Rifle and 2nd place overall in the individuals. I’ve done a few stocks John and he says this is his favorite. … Continue reading
More from Southwest Nationals
Here’s Luke with Sean Simmons from Nightforce. I wonder if they are gonna start the second generation of ZZ Top. Here’s Stephen Bunde: and John Friguglietti: and another one of Luke Ramsay with the trophy:
More from The Southwest Nationals
I participated at the Southwest Nationals. I survived. I did though get to visit with some old friends. It’s been many years since I put these guys up on their pedestals. Congrats to all that had their name added to … Continue reading
UPDATE from Southwest Nationals
Congrats to Luke Ramsey, Steffen Bunde, John Friguglietti and anyone else out here shooting one of my rifles. Let me know who you are. From Steffen: I won the Southwest Nationals Palma individual sling match today. Another cold and windy … Continue reading
English Walnut F-Class for Borden Action
Currently working on this. Will finish soon.
Finished Over Under African Rifle – “Restocking”
Finished this project! It was cool to do something a little different.
American Walnut FTR Stock with a Stolle Panda Action
The stock is from an American Walnut tree that was living in Massachusetts. Had some supervision on this one.
Over Under African Rifle – “Restocking”
The rifle came to me with a broken stock. There’s a lot tedious work that goes into a project like this. Notice that amount of blacking on the towel. The stock is English Walnut and is Rosewood. This will be … Continue reading
Finished “Reinventing” The Wheel
Now that this is mostly completed, bobbins and flyer to be done in the future, I can go back to my daily woodworking. I did some hand carving on the pillar block and base. I have a really unique piece … Continue reading
In Progress – Spinning Wheel
From the previous post, you can see I was assembling the hub with the spokes. Once that was finished the hub goes into the jig that you see on the table saw. Two steps of radius cut into the spokes … Continue reading
Reinventing The (Spinning) Wheel
Things have slowed down just a bit. I’ve been keeping busy by making another spinning wheel. Idle hands and all. So, far I’ve gotten the wheel, the spokes and the hub made. Will be assembling the wheel in the next … Continue reading
Making a Laminate Stock
These are fancy flat pieces of wood from stocks I’ve done. It’s a mix of English Walnut, American Walnut, Koa, Mango, North American Walnut. The piece that I put water on was part of the USNRT Raffle Rifle. This is … Continue reading
American Walnut Stock with a Remington Action for FTR
Three pillar bedding. Hart Rifle Barrel. Trued the action. Ebony Pistol Cap.
Posted in Rifle Building 2 Comments
Bastogne Walnut Stock with a Barnard Action
Another really nice piece of wood. From duplication to finish product.
USNRT Plaque Finds Home Next to Old Plaque
I put up my USNRT Plaque up next to my International Cycle Show 1st Place Best in Paint Plaque. There was an interesting incident at the show. After, we won the all 9 sections cumulating in Best in Show, a … Continue reading
Posted in Rifle Building Tagged Arlen Ness, motorcycle Leave a comment
Highly Figured Claro Walnut Stock with Stolle Panda Action
Finished up this Palma Rifle last week. This has a Border Barrel. Another happy friend.
Spirit of America Match 2022
Congrats to Trudie for winning the Aggregate and the Senior Awards! Thank you for the United State National Rifle Team for my plaque! It’s going to hang proudly in the workshop.
Posted in Rifle Building 1 Comment
Good-bye to a Good Guy
Dennis VanLier passed away on his way home from the Spirit of America Match. Dennis and I met each other over 20 years ago. We instantly became friends. I will sorely miss him.
Final Pictures: English Walnut Stock with RPA Action
Here are the finished pictures of this one. Great piece of wood! Entered this into The New Mexico State Fair. Waiting to find out results. You can see the presentation stand in the las picture.
Claro Walnut Stock with Fiddleback 37 Remington built by Carl Kenyon with Kenyon Trigger
Had to build a feed ramp, clean and adjust the Kenyon trigger. The finished presentation stand is one photos.
RPA Quad Lock for English Walnut Stock and a Presentation Stand
Working on this high figured English Walnut Stock. Almost finished. Stated on a simple Presentation Stand, turned out to be a little more fancy than I expected. Neat to work on something a little different. Picture of me for Proof … Continue reading