Repurposing an Ian Robertson Stock 

This is a really nice example of Ian’s work. It was previously bedded for a model 70, I’m rebuilding it for a Barnard action. I filled the holes of the old action screws and bolt handle. Also, I inletted for the Barnard with a bedding block to protect the finish. I noticed a large pile of masking tape when i finished…..

Matching the color was a challenge. Some of the dyes and pigments I use, I used doing custom paint jobs on motorcycles back in Central New York.

This entry was posted in Rifle Building. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Repurposing an Ian Robertson Stock 

  1. stefan isaacs says:

    I absolutely love it. Immaculate job.

  2. Thanks for the kind words! If you would like a list of materials used I can provide.

    Cheers,

    Ian

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s